Sunday, February 15, 2015

2-15-15: Today’s Challenge: Now We’re Grillin!

Today’s Challenge: Now We’re Grillin!


The #GenghisGrillAd and #healthKwest have added another challenge today.  I am excited about this doing this; the challenged is called:

Now We’re Grillin!
Grill your own bowl. Take a photo of you grilling your bowl and then I am suppose to post.
 We spent a little bit outside the restaurant enjoying the sun, this fine Sunday morning
IMG_1720
IMG_1718
Well today we went to the restaurant right at 11 am.  Today was my husband’s first trip to the restaurant with me, so we were sharing a moment.  There I was greeted by fantastic friends, who are just a few of my supporters in this challenge.  We took a terrific group photo.
At #GenghisGrillAd and #Healthkwest
in front of the store Genghis Grill in Las Cruces, New Mexico
After this we went into the restaurant and were provided with a fantastic waitress who took our orders.  We went to the line and were able to select from a wide variety of meats, veggies, and sauces.  It all so yummy and hard to make a decision, you would never get tired of the varieties ways a bowl can be created.  It is a special moment to create your own bowl
After I created the bowl, I was able to step into the world of cooking my food on the grill behind. Already there were several orders cooking on there.  The manager explained how to put oil first, then my bowl, and how to turn the food using both sticks.  You definitely need to be ambidextrous when working with both sticks.  The grill was incredibly hot but I did not mind it because I was getting a good lesson into how to cook my food and how other individuals have there food cooked.  This was quite an experience I wont soon forget…
IMG_1726
Grill the food at Genghis Grill
IMG_1724
This is Conni (me) with the Manager educating me how to grill my food..
What I said earlier about being an introverted person is definitely true.  This was a hard task for me.  I really had to step out of my comfort zone.  Not only was I supposed to take a picture of me grilling my food, but I was also supposed to post and share it with my friends and family.  Most of the time I tell them I am doing well because I do not like special attention focused on me.  I have found if you like to be in the lime light is a lot of pressure and expectations. So my story or feelings is bring out a lot of emotions. Although writing about this has allowed me to process ways to finding a better way to be healthy, lose weight, developing a work out plan. I am finding that this is a complex process but it is workable.
Most of the us are educated people and learn our information from speakers, news, or reading journals.  We know what to do about being healthy and making good choices.  But really do we?  Do we put this knowledge to good use?  Do we just say one more day and eat the food that is not good for us.
Well my”one more day”as come and I realized that I can not keep up the pace of eating and being a couch sloth any longer. For me this makes a realization and a  important step moving towards a goal of being healthy. Healthy means spending more quality time with my kids, husband, taking less medication as I age to compensation for my obesity.
IMG_1728
Turning my meat and veggies
  IMG_1741 Personal note:  I am not much of a cook and spend most of my time buying meals from fast food places and ordering out.  I have taught my children a bad eating habits  My plan is to change my habits and with this watch them change theirs.  By having the opportunity to go the Genghis Grill and choose from a wide variety of selections and provided with health tips I am positive I will be successful, not only with me but with demonstrating to my children the importance of staying healthy and make good choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment