Monday, February 16, 2015

2-16-15: Sharing my experience as I change my health behaviors

Good Evening, today my friend @LynetteS and I went to #GenghisGrillAd, #healthKwest, and #hearthealthy.  My challenge was to make a bowl from the selection of recipes that were provided.  I chose the called the Mongolian Turkey, at which time the restaurant did not have turkey and I substituted with chicken.  This was an excellent recipes and the sauce was combined with the veggies was delicious; needless to say I finished the bowl I was looking for more……

recicpes
Personal Note:  My day started with a physical workout with my exercise coach @lynetteS and she was able to get a educated physical-trainer named Krissy.  She is educating us how to workout the correct way using the right weights and position for individuals who are within our age group.  To be truthful since I hurt my lower-back when I was 26 it was scary to think about working on weights again.
Here is my history with weight training, I was doing a heavy weight workout with little or no instructions; encouraged by others to do these types exercise.  I said my lower back was hurting but was told I was a wiener and keep working out; needless to say a few days later I threw my back out causing a bulging disc.  I never went back to lifting weights until now. What I am now discovering if you do it the right way there would be a gain in muscle burn and not lower aches.  Krissy has us using weights, she uses her knowledge of correct body mechanics.  I feeling I will be okay working out with her experiences.
IMG_1754
My Mentor/Coach @LynetteS
IMG_1750
Chicken before the veggies, I carried my recipe sheet with me..
Yes I am an educated person and just because I have healthcare knowledge does not always mean I practice the knowledge I know.  It a lot easier to tell someone else they should have healthy behaviors.  Well it is time I start practicing what I teach and become healthy in my eating and exercise habits.  As well as educating my children.
IMG_1752
The recipe sheet and the recipe bowl. Does that not look good? I know I really enjoyed it..
You ask what makes this different.  I call it self-realization and if I want to be around a while I need to take better care of what life I have left.  I am getting older, my husband is getting older, and my children are growing into their teenager.  I want to be around to get even older and watch my children grow older.
Related to this change and/or concept is for me to work on my planning and putting this plan into action.  Part of my action is organization.  I have great organization skills but seemed to be overwhelmed. To begin with organizing I have to start a planing my meals, plan when to exercise, and when to work on my self-esteem.  I need to believe in myself; this is another story I will address later in my blogging.
Most people who know me would think I have good self-esteem but that is not true, over the years I have fought for it but it has been rob from me time and time again by others. Through these years, I continued to fight for my esteem, why do you ask why I fight, it was my parents who raised a fighter… I realized that my low self esteem still needs to have health changes.
Furthermore, I realized long ago obesity is like  an addiction, it is like someone who is addicted to smoking, drugs, or alcohol.  The differences between these types of addicting behaviors from overeating is…   you can survive without the other behaviors but you can not live without food.  So then you ask how do you give up an  food addiction? Or change an food addiction?
The bottom line is a food-addict needs to learn to make correct choices and partake in exercise to keep the addiction at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment