Friday, March 6, 2015

03-05-15 - Today's Challenge - GG Stressball

#HealthKwest & GenghisGrillAd

Today challenge:  The Genghis Grill and Kwest provided me with a "Red" GG StressBall. My plan today is to tell you about ways I handled stress & nervousness.  Then I will tell you about how I am learning how to handle stress & nervousness.  I had an epiphany, which was I need to be have good health and the only way to be healthy is eating nutritious food just like what is served at the Genghis Grill restaurant and have an exercise route.

Before I got involved with the Kwest health challenge, I would handle my stress by eating foods which I thought would make me feel better.  In actuality it did worked for a while, I did feel better.  Who was I kidding.!!!  The ill effective from this behavior was I was gaining weight, increasing my co-morbidities.   The food only helped me feel better for a little while,  I had discovered I was in an  endless loop of eating to decrease my stress and nervousness.  In addition the I was food I was consuming were high in carbohydrates, pre-made, and fast. I was eating the food which are foods we all should avoid.

So to help with my stress and nervousness I have changed my behaviors.  I have learned that I need to exercise each day either by walking, swimming, or now a new habit bike spinning.  In addition if I take the stress ball, I can use it in my hand to substitute for soda, fries, or even candy.

Since I started the contest I have changed behavior such as making healthy choices and and exercising...  So today I woke up early and went for a walk 1/2 hour before my exercise partner got to the track.  Normally she is there before me! I have learned from walking, it helps relieve stress and makes me feel good about myself.  We walked about 10000 steps in an 1 1/2 hour, had a time to talk about ways to destress and walking was helpful.  

My first favorite quote is:  I can’t change the directions of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. By Jimmy Dean



I am learning that if I am stressed, I should not dwell on the issues but let it go....It not health or good for my ego to worry about the little things.  I need to confront, resolve the issues, and move forward.I am learning that is not good or healthy to have self destructive behaviors, who was I kidding.   

Quote: Eat your excuse for breakfast and then move on – www. Sallysymonds.com


Knowing that exercising and having healthy eating behaviors can help me stay on target. Having these good health behaviors it can help with my stress.

Quote:  There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle.  Albert Einstein


I have also discovered if I carry the stress ball, I can use it to help keep me focused and I can stay on target.  I am going to use this stress ball and other techniques to help with reduce stress; such as walking, swimming, or spinning.  I am developing new techniques to be successful. 

Quote:  The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.  Mark Twain


The Energy Pod  developed by Metronaps is a good way to de-stress and reduce nervousness. I also find after spending 20 minutes of down time listening music and rejuvenating myself I feel like I am ready to go again.   

So my final quote is one I really can stand by.  I started this journey to be successful in becoming healthy and to have a new fresh outlook on myself.  I am well on my way, with my new stress ball in my hand too.  

Final Quote: When you feel like quitting think about why you started.  Fitspirationforlife.tumblr.com



No comments:

Post a Comment