Tuesday, March 17, 2015

3-17-15 (Happy St Patrick’s Day and green veggies)

#GenghisGrillAd  and #HealthKwest

“The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.”
― Ann Wigmore
Today’s Challenge – Name at least one health benefit of your favorite green vegetable at Genghis Grill? Green Beans are best. They have 34 calories to one cup and 7.9 carbs. It also has vitamin A, C, protein, calcium, iron, and potassium. It is a vegetable frequently found in many cultures. It is loaded with green goodness.
Learning lessons comes with self-awareness.
download
I have done many diets over the years, they were either a simple, a moderate, or a complex diet.  I remember watching my eating habits since I was young.  It was frustrating than and still is. A lot of times I would lose a little bit of weight and then gain it back.  Many of us know those famous statements:  “lose 10lbs and gain 15lbs” or “four steps forward and two steps back”.  I have lived a lot of those comments.  One of my most famous comment was “Sea food diet, you sea food and you can eat it” , well that comment was not much of success.  With these comments and real life situations I was just going through the motions on a roller-coaster of up weight, down weight.  The last diet program I was involved with, I spent tons of money, lost a huge amount of weight, and gained it all back in same year.  What was I missing from this component: self-awareness.  Self-awareness is realizing I have an weight problem, no not just a weight issue but eating issues.  The answer I needed was to take care of myself esteem, weight, and exercise.
Since I realized self-awareness is important factor of realizing, I have weight issues and at this time in my life it needs to be seriously changed. I was wondering how was going to begin without breaking the bank to change my lifestyle. I was at the end of my rope, I needed to do something.  I wanted this to last and not just an overnight solution.  So in November I got involved with a weight loss clinic and started attending monthly conferences provided by the physician who practices at the clinic .  He is a terrific speaker and has a lot of energy.  What he has done for me is provide a lot of insight to my problems and developed self-awareness.  He has provided the tools to eating success. It my job to utilizes these tools. Yes as a nurse I should know these tools and I do but just because of this I may not use them for myself.
Self-awareness also involves becoming healthy by losing weight or exercising and you do not go back to the bad habits.  Bad habits are part of a destructive behavior.  This also involves planning, which I am working on. I read the labels now and write down everything I put into my body on the “MyFitnessPal”…
So self-awareness is one of the first steps to a healthy you and realize you can not go back even when you reach your goal.
IMG_1809

No comments:

Post a Comment