Sunday, March 8, 2015

03-08-15 “Going For Gold” and “Brown Rice Rocks!


#Healthkwest & #GenghisGrillAd 


IMG_1753
My bowl with brown rice, yum!
Today there are two challenges the first through the emails is the “going for the gold” and the second one is the “brown rice rocks”. These are two topics I I like to discuss.  One I am a goal oriented person and I know what I want I go for it.
Brown Rice Rocks
Brown rice with your bowl, yum I did that!  I like brown rice in my bowls. Then  I was to take a photo of me and post it on my blog.  Then I am suppose to  write benefits of choosing brown rice/whole grains in my diet.
The benefits of brown rice/whole grains in my diet are  especially whole grains, provides health benefits. People who eat whole grains as part of a healthy diet have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Also grains provide many nutrients that are vital for the health and maintenance of our bodies.
The health benefits of consuming whole grains may reduce the risk of heart disease, contains fiber, help with weight management, and grain products are fortified with folate. USDA states grains are sources of many nutrients, including dietary fiber, several B vitamins (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and folate), and minerals (iron, magnesium, andselenium).
Fiber from whole grains may help reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes. Fiber is essential for proper bowel function; it helps reduce constipation and diverticulosis. Many refined grains are enriched with B vitamins. Vitamin B thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin play a key role in metabolism – they help the body release energy from protein, fat, and carbohydrates. Whole grains are sources of magnesium and selenium. Magnesium is a mineral used in building bones and releasing energy from muscles. Selenium protects cells from oxidation, this is important for a healthy immune system.
Even though there are a lot of health benefits available for brown rice, I really think it taste great!
“Going For Gold”
The challenge was for me to write a blog and include a current before photo of me. Then list my top 3 goals I want to achieve in during this Health Kwest.  I am suppose to up load the blog, so I am doing it on wordpress.
Well this has been an awesome challenge and even at my age, I have grown so many ways.  I am learning to become less of an extrovert person.  I am actually stepping out in front of the camera, it stills terrifies me to see me in picture but what the heck.  Challenge to me means a change and I am in need of changing myself. inside and out.  What do I have to gain or lose?  Gain self-esteem and lose Weight….
10305951_10205049224405896_752402751293505004_n
This was the photo I submitted for the contestant
My first goal is to become a healthier person at the start of this challenge and carry the behavior through even after the contestant is completed.
10435503_10205084762134317_773913465343421055_n
This was the last weekend in January
My second goal is to become an extrovert individual and inform others how to become healthy by the way I achieved this.
10991244_10205332184079711_2633112192092622685_n
this was a recent photo, taken a couple of days ago.
My third goal is to keep the exercise routine into my schedule. I have discovered if you exercise early in the morning it gives you plenty of energy throughout the day.
IMG_2980
This photo was taken at the weigh in February
IMG_2096
This photo was taken today

No comments:

Post a Comment